2nd International Symposium on AI & Neuroscience – ACAIN 2022 Call for Papers
September 21-22, 2022
Certosa di Pontignano, Castelnuovo Berardenga (Siena), Tuscany, Italy
Welcome to ACAIN 2022, the International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience. It will take place in Certosa di Pontignano (Italy).
The ACAIN 2022 is aimed at AI experts, neuroscientists and both at AI experts with interests in Neuroscience and at neuroscientists with an interest in AI. ACAIN 2022 will be a special opportunity to hear about cutting-edge research by leading scientists in AI and Neuroscience.
The two days of keynote talks and oral presentations (the Symposium, September 21-22) will be preceded by lectures of leading scientists (the Course, September 18-20).
We invite the submission of technical papers for the main technical track of the conference. Submissions should be significant and original on all aspects of Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience. We especially encourage papers on interdisciplinary applications of AI, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Deep Learning and Computational Neuroscience.
The International Symposium Proceedings will be published by Nature–Springer. Papers will appear in a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
Topics of Interest include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Brain-Behavior Interactions
- Cognition & Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive Computing
- Cognitive Science
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Computational Cognitive Science
- Computational Modeling of the Nervous System
- Computational Neuroscience
- Creativity & Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Epistemic Planning
- Ethics for Autonomous Systems
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- General Reinforcement Learning Algorithms
- Generative Adversarial Networks
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Neural data Analysis Methods
- Probabilistic Generative Models
- Probabilistic Programming
- Reinforcement Learning
- Symbolic AI & Deep Learning
- Theory of Deep Learning
- Human-Level Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive Robotics
Types of Submissions
When submitting a paper to ACAIN 2022, authors are required to select one of the following four types of papers:
- long paper: original novel and unpublished work (max. 15 pages, including References, in Springer LNCS format or any format or layout that can be used by reviewers to evaluate your manuscript);
- short paper: an extended abstract of novel work (max. 5 pages, including References, in Springer LNCS format or any format or layout that can be used by reviewers to evaluate your manuscript);
- work for oral presentation only (no page restriction; any format). For example, work already published elsewhere, which is relevant and which may solicit fruitful discussion at the conference;
- abstract for poster presentation only (max 2 pages; any format). The poster format for the presentation is A0 (118.9 cm high and 84.1 cm wide, respectively 46.8 x 33.1 inch). For research work which is relevant and which may solicit fruitful discussion at the conference.
We expect high-quality papers in terms of their scientific contribution, rigor, correctness, quality of presentation and reproducibility of experiments.
Accepted papers must contain significant novel results. Results can be either theoretical or empirical. Results will be judged on the degree to which they have been objectively established and/or their potential for scientific and technological impact.
The authors may choose to submit your manuscript in any format or layout that can be used by reviewers to evaluate your manuscript. The manuscript should/must contain high enough quality figures for reviewing.
Reviewing for ACAIN 2022 is double blind (reviewers do not know the author’s identity or vice versa). Submitted papers must adopt the following to two rules:
- author names and institutions must be omitted, and
- references to authors’ own related research work must be in the third person.
All accepted long/short papers will be published in a volume of the series on Lecture Notes in Computer Science from Nature-Springer after the symposium.
As for ACAIN 2021 and LOD 2021, the proceedings of ACAIN 2022 symposium will be published together with the proceedings of the 8th edition of the LOD 2022 Conference.
At least one author of each accepted long/short paper is required to attend the symposium to present the research work.
Instructions for preparing and submitting the final versions (camera-ready papers) of all accepted papers will be available later on.