Certosa di Pontignano, Castelnuovo Berardenga (Siena), Tuscany, Italy
University College London, UK
Columbia Engineering, Columbia University, USA
Cambridge University, UK
University of Florida, USA
Institute for Advanced Study, USA
ACAIN 2022: AI meets Computational Neuroscience and Cognitive Science
The ACAIN 2022 symposium and course is an interdisciplinary event featuring leading scientists from AI and Neuroscience, providing a special opportunity to learn about cutting-edge research in the fields of AI, Neuroscience, Neuroscience-Inspired AI, Human-Level AI, and Cognitive Science.
The 2nd Advanced Course and Symposium on Artificial Intelligence & Neuroscience (ACAIN) is a full-immersion five-day (or online) Course and Symposium at the Certosa di Pontignano (Italy) on cutting-edge advances in Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience with lectures delivered by world-renowned experts. The Course provides a stimulating environment for academics, early career researchers, Post-Docs, PhD students and industry leaders. Participants will also have the chance to present their results with oral talks or posters, and to interact with their colleagues, in a convivial and productive environment.
Two days of keynote talks and oral presentations, the ACAIN Symposium, (September 21-22), will be preceded by lectures of leading scientists, the ACAIN Course, (September 18-20).
Bringing together AI and neuroscience promises to yield benefits for both fields. The future impact and progress in both AI and Neuroscience will strongly depend on continuous synergy, exchange, collaboration and efficient cooperation between the two research communities. These are the goals of the International Course and Symposium – ACAIN 2022, which is aimed both at AI experts with interests in Neuroscience and at neuroscientists with an interest in AI. ACAIN 2022 accepts rigorous research that promotes and fosters multidisciplinary interactions between artificial intelligence and neuroscience.
The Advanced Course is suited for scholars, academics, early career researchers, Post-Docs, PhD students and industry leaders.
The Event (Course and Symposium) will involve a total of 36-40 hours of lectures. Academically, this will be equivalent to 8 ECTS points for the PhD Students and the Master Students attending the Event.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asilomar AI Principles
- Neuroscience-inspired AI
- Brain-Behavior Interactions
- Cognition & Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive Computing
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Robotics
- Cognitive Science
- Computational Cognitive Science
- Computational Modeling of the Nervous System
- Computational Neuroscience
- Creativity & Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Epistemic Planning
- Ethics for Autonomous Systems
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- General Reinforcement Learning Algorithms
- Generative Adversarial Networks
- Human-Level AI
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Neural data Analysis Methods
- Probabilistic Generative Models
- Probabilistic Programming
- Reinforcement Learning
- Symbolic AI & Deep Learning
- Systems Neuroscience
- Theory of Deep Learning
- Paper Submission (Symposium): by
Wednesday June 15, 2022 (AoE)
- Notification of Decision for Papers (Symposium): by Monday July 4, 2022
- Early Registration (Symposium & Course): by
Sunday July 31, 2022
- Late Registration (Symposium & Course): from Monday August 1, 2022
- Oral/Poster Presentation Submission (Course): by
Wednesday June 15, 2022
- Notification of Decision for Oral/Poster Presentation (Course): by Monday July 4, 2022
- November 15, 2022 — LOD/ACAIN 2022 Volume Numbers: 13811 and 13810
- September 14, 2022 — Zoom Link sent!
- August 31, 2022 — ACAIN-LOD 2022 Programme
- July 29, 2022 — Accommodations: B&B near the Certosa di Pontignano
- July 29, 2022 — AirBnB Accommodations near Certosa di Pontignano
- June 24, 2022 — Limited Number of Onsite Registrations
- June 13, 2022 — New Lecturer: Prof. Christos Papadimitriou, Columbia University, USA
- May 2, 2022 — Paper Submission Deadline: June 15th
- February 17, 2022 — The proceedings of the ACAIN 2022 Symposium will be published together with the proceedings of the 8th edition of the LOD 2022 Conference (LNCS Springer – Nature)
- February 17, 2022 — New Dates for ACAIN 2022: 18-22 September
- January 7, 2022 — ACAIN 2022 (as was done for ACAIN 2021): an Online & Onsite Event!
- January 7, 2022 — ACAIN 2022 Poster
- January 7, 2022 — ACAIN 2022 Schedule